Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Slimming World Syn Free Quiche

Tuesday 23 August 2011

I really wouldn't have made this quiche if I hadn't have tried it first.  It contains pasta. Not just any pasta but a packet of pasta n sauce!! I normally hate the stuff but at my last class we had a tasting night and I decided to live dangerously and give it a try.  And boy am I glad I did, it is seriously amazing!!  I have made a few amendments to the original recipe and made a massive quiche for my dinner tonight and the next few lunches.  I don't have a flan tin so I just lined an 8" cake tin with grease proof paper and it worked just as well.


Ingredients
One packet of pasta n sauce ( I used a cheesy one)
One onion roughly chopped
Four eggs
A tub of very low fat cottage cheese (I chose the chive variety)

Make up the pasta n sauce as directed but replace the milk with water.  Add the onions at this stage.  Once cooked whisk in the eggs and add the cottage cheese.  Pour into your dish and cook at 200° until set.  Mine was in the oven for about 30 minutes.

The basic syn free quiche is really versatile, incredibly yummy and just as simple to make.  You can add any veggies you fancy or even ham or salmon depending on which plan you are following.

Basic syn free quiche recipe
One large tub of very low fat cottage cheese
Four eggs

Whisk the ingredients together and cook as above.  You can line the dish with spinach leaves, add peppers, leeks, onions or even top with tomatoes slices.  The choices are endless!

6 comments:

  1. Innnnteresting...so this is pastry-less? Sorry, that's probably a stupid question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have this all the time, i dont know why i haven't for ages. yum , thanks for reminding me! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liv, Yep its pastry less but I can't say I really noticed or missed it but then again I usually leave the pastry on a normal quiche and eat the filling so I might not be the best one to speak to!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quiche looks scrummy


    www.converseandchords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactly the recipe I have been looking for, and as a bonus I get to find a brilliant blog as well!

    Thanks for sharing, I'm going to make it for my lunch right now :)

    www.dreamingofsize12.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love quiche, though I don't eat it that often. Don't know why exactly.. Maybe I should try try this recipe ;)

    x Wilmke
    www.winwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete